e fans really worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
im gonna do a 3" body lift and i know the fan will be dropped that much lower. i see some guys have good luck with the fans but are they reliable? i mean do they burn out, should i run one, should i stagger two and whats the differance from having a toggle switch and runnin with out one? i appreciate everyones help, just gettin my ducks in a row so when the weather breaks ill get er all done post up a nice profile for every one to eye ball!

93blackthunder

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes they are good mpg savers and free up some power. I have a hayden 16 in., it pulls 1500 cfm and that's enough air to keep him right at 180. That I just put on and I now have it wired properly ( due to my own stupidity) I noticed a lot more low end torque with it, as compared to my f150 where I noticed higher rpm pull. Great investment to do and only costs around 150 to 180 installed.

Reaction score
really? i wouldn't expect to get any performance back. i just wanted to make sure it stayed cool being that the fan would be lower than the radiator, but sweet! but back to my question, do i wanna run a toggle switch or temp sensor... if i even know what im talkin about lol

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
Yes they are good mpg savers and free up some power. I have a hayden 16 in., it pulls 1500 cfm and that's enough air to keep him right at 180. That I just put on and I now have it wired properly ( due to my own stupidity) I noticed a lot more low end torque with it, as compared to my f150 where I noticed higher rpm pull. Great investment to do and only costs around 150 to 180 installed.

wait until summer before you make this statement....1500 cfm will get you by in cooler weather, but you will be overheating in the summertime...ask me how i know...

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
really? i wouldn't expect to get any performance back. i just wanted to make sure it stayed cool being that the fan would be lower than the radiator, but sweet! but back to my question, do i wanna run a toggle switch or temp sensor... if i even know what im talkin about lol

Peformance and mileage increase from Efans is not significant or measureable.

Nothing will cool your truck as well as a properly functioning mechanical fan.

Chad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have mine where they run the whole time i have the truck on, is that hurting anything?