e brake question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the fox

Reaction score
hello guys great site. last month I picked up a 91 Silverado ext cab and noticed the ebrake light is always on and when I grab the e brake by hand and shake it up and down my front lights flicker on and off. Anyone else have this prob too and how to fix it. thanks for any info

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
hello guys great site. last month I picked up a 91 Silverado ext cab and noticed the ebrake light is always on and when I grab the e brake by hand and shake it up and down my front lights flicker on and off. Anyone else have this prob too and how to fix it. thanks for any info

your e brake light being on is probably because your brakes need bleeding and it can be a pain sometimes. the lights flickering is to do with one of the relays or a wire that's loose under the dash. I don't see why the ebrake would cause your lights to flicker

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The switch that turns that light on is against the firewall behind the e brake pedal. Check and make sure it's not loose and the pedal is returning all the way against the stop when you release the e brake.

woody44

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually it can be adjusted to keep the light off. If the brake is working well and all the parts in the system are in good shape, a little tweaking should get your light to stay off.