Dust Cap for 99 Tahoe 4WD hub?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ETSZ71

Reaction score
So I got a new pair of wheels that are missing the center caps which is okay because I didn't want to run center caps. Does any one know of a p/n or option for a dust cap for the front hub? I plan on just capping the hub so I don't have to run it exposed and painting it black to match the wheels. I tried all the options hanging on the wall at the parts store but they were all too small in diameter. I couldn't find in any info after a google search and forum search.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ETSZ71

Reaction score
I measured the hub housing and it's roughly 2 5/8" inner diameter or 2.6". I found some dust caps with 2.56" and 2.71" inner diameter. They are cheap so I'm going to buy both sets and see which works best. I don't want to run center caps so I hope one of these will work and I can just paint the rotor and dust cap to match the wheel. I'll post back up when I get it figured out.

ETSZ71

Reaction score
Well, I hope this is useful. I guess no one else has done it before, I got crucified on the OBS facebook group for not ordering centercaps from Summit or Jegs.

You must be registered for see images attach

ETSZ71

Reaction score
These were for a Ford Truck, external diameter was 2.51" so I cut and hammered them out a bit. I put a touch of black rtv around the lip when I popped them on just to keep them more secure. Slapped on some satin black spray paint and I'm very happy with the outcome for only $6. I really hate the huge, protruding centercaps these particular wheels came with. Thanks!

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad you got it all sorted out, and posted your results! I also don't have center caps. I mean, I do, but they are Chevy caps, and I have a GMC, so I'm not using them lol.