Duramax!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woody35

Reaction score
theres a few guys that have done it. a lot electronics to deal with and to get the allison in there can be a pain and might need a body lift. also you need to make room for the intercooler and that can be difficult on obs since the 6.5 never came with one. its a lot easier swap if you get a donor vehicle and use its dash

RGS1260

Reaction score
DURAMAX SWAP

I was looking into it a few years ago. Even purchased the book and had the mounts lazer cut.
After researching more and more I decided to go ******
Allison 6 speed in my 95 K2500 pickup. D Max is way cool but
way to many electrical parts to put you on the side of the road and leave you a t the mercy of the GM dealer.
Mounts and book are for sale.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Its doable and theres a guy on the truckstop who did it on his burb...but even he swore it was a PITA...i believe a body lift was involved for clearance reasons.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Sounds like more trouble than its worth. I especially don't like the part about troubleshooting electrical problems.

Sent from my DEERE powered Droid

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Its doable and theres a guy on the truckstop who did it on his burb...but even he swore it was a PITA...i believe a body lift was involved for clearance reasons.

Saw one guy doing it on a crew cab dually and I think it took a 1 inch body lift and a BFH to make the tunnel clear the trans.

RGS1260

Reaction score
I'm starting my swap in the spring and intire drivtrain for sale.
383 stroker 454TB 4l80E Custom Chip (passes emissions)Full Gibson stainless headers cat and cat back
411s front and rear. Can't take apart now driving through the winter
Doing Cummins/Allison swap this spring.