dummy o2 sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
im posting this for a friend of mine he has a heavy half ton 98 chevy, 5.7, 4l60e. just the normal stuff and he keeps blowing through o2's like theres no tomorrow. hes sorta fed up with it because his truck runs great for 300k but hes tired of putting money into sensors. he has an aftermarket flowmaster and stock manifolds so i dont think thatd be the cause. Anywho i know the used to sell dummy sensors, how do or did those work? was it based off resistance, so in theory we could put a resistor or two in there to tell the computer its running correctly? even without running 02's it doesnt seem to bother his truck except for more fuel consumption due to it running richer.

and if anyone knows of any dummy o2s that are still in existance please speak up, otherwise resistors are cheap if that would work.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it's the front sensor, it's going to take more than just a dummy sensor to make the truck run right. If it was the downstream of the cat sensor, I'd say forget about it and keep rolling.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ECU uses them to adjust the mixture. Time to start troubleshooting why they are going bad. Start by tracing back the wiring and look for anything unusuall. Check the fuses and if they are the right size.

If you went carb on the other hand you'd not need them...

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
o2 sims are for rear sensors so you can remove cats and not have the ses light on, ive got them they work great. in your case as stated above, the front ones control fuel trim so you need them and need to check the harnesses for shorts ect.