dual battery help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as long as the alt is charging it will charge both batteries there won't be a problem with 2 diff batts that's why you need the PAC200 HIGH current
relay.

Reaction score
Or get a lithium ion car battery most have a built in reserve press the button on the battery and start your truck. The only problem is that they are pricy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is correct to run the setup you would like. You will need a 100% duty solenoid. This is really a simple setup and this is the simplist way to do it IMO, but I would run the positive to the switch off the second battery so In case your first battery is 100% dead, you can still power the solenoid. Using deep cycle batteries would be much better for not killing the batteries with constant charging/discharging

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
the factory wiring on a 99 police tahoe just runs them in parallel. with seperate grounds. i know because i took the wiring off a police tahoe last month ;) BUT it uses a fuse between the batteries. just like all the stock 140amp alternator trucks they have a fuse block screwed onto the fan shroud, but the police tahoe has two fuse blocks. one for alternator and the other runs to the second battery.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
do you get alot of those police tahoes in the yard? and how much did you pick all the wiring up for?

I wish they got more of them! Lol those gauge clusters make bank! Lol
I think I I paid like 15bucks for it because I got the ground with everything even the fuse block part. I want to replace my ugly looking 0gauge wire I have now.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well theres nothing super special about it. it just has a side post battery connection where the second battery is going to be. you could simply use a aftermarket side post terminal and enough wire to the length from that battery to the fuse box. and the ground just ground it to the ac bracket. very simple!