Dual batteries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If i remember correctly the reason the plow option is presumed vold weather batteries work harder, more lights higher draw, when operating plow pump on demand high demand. Two batteries in parallel are a heavy load bank at high demands. The matched batteries is equal load capacity, equal draw down not lopsided. Balanced aging, soforth. Its easier than mental math. My choice is allways the biggest ass highest cca battery that fits my group size.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If i remember correctly the reason the plow option is presumed vold weather batteries work harder, more lights higher draw, when operating plow pump on demand high demand. Two batteries in parallel are a heavy load bank at high demands. The matched batteries is equal load capacity, equal draw down not lopsided. Balanced aging, soforth. Its easier than mental math. My choice is allways the biggest ass highest cca battery that fits my group size.
Yes, and 2 of the highest CCA batteries you can find are better than 1.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Here's mine.

You must be registered for see images attach

So the output of this solenoid feeds the box pictured. . . but so does the long assed wire wrapped around the ABS pump a jillion times. Whoever installed the Whipple couldn't be bothered to shorten it I guess. So it seems the 2nd battery, as delivered in this truck, could only feed and be charged via the smallish looking wiring attached to the solenoid.

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have dual batteries in my k2500/ factory dual trays. I believe it was for camper / trailering use and my driver side battery was not hooked up? I got two new agm batteries a few years ago and my car audio guy wired the second battery so it would charge. Pics tomorrow too!

884x4310ci

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ground from passenger side battery.
Ground from passenger side head
Ground from driver side battery
Ground from driver side head
Positive from passenger side battery

ThaEdge

Reaction score
OK so this is somthing a know a little something about.

I haven't done this in my c3500 yet but I did a quite extensive aux power system on my Ram 2500 utility truck.

The batteries don't need to be the same if your running isolated systems as I am. So I have a starter battery that does just that. Meaning it ONLY goes to the starter. Everthing else runs on 2 large marine deep cycle batteries. For what you're doing I don't think you'll be needing 2 batteries. But if you're going to run dual start batteries then I would recomend you go buy 2 identical ones and start fresh. A week battery will shorten the life of the good one. If the old one goes bad it will make the new one go bad. And you'll be replacing both anyway. As far as wiring goes, make sure positive is connected to positive and negative to negative with heavy enough cables and you'll be fine. If I were doing it, just for simplicity sake, I would wire the new battery up by running 4ga wires to the old set up and connect them appropriately. Would take a few minutes.