Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As you know always pre drill the holes and hand tighten the screws once they snug up.
Even have the counter sink bit too. Us carpenters have all the fun knick nacks! Lol
Gonna be fun busting out the router, table saw etc and getting back to making sawdust instead of knocking rust all over the garage! Lol

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who woulda thought an original 02 sensor, transplanted into a set of long tubes back in 2002 would be a bit of a bear to get out! Lol
Wow.....that was fun (insert sarcasm here).

Didn't have a sensor socket because I'm an idiot and didn't grab one when I picked up my sensor this morning. By the time I decided to tackle it the three part stores in town were long closed, joys of small town living. Local farm supply stores didn't have one either, and cheapest 22mm socket was north of $20 and no way was I paying that much just to take a zip disk to it to try and fit the wire through. Plus I wasn't 100% certain it would have been deep enough anyway.

So, combo wrench it is.
Oh... hit it with penetrating oil twice today before I started so it had about 8 hrs of soak time (insert Mormon joke here).
Grabbed a sharpie and put a line on it to gauge progress as well.

I couldn't get that thing to budge, just slid myself across the floor, even braced myself and nope.
Grabbed a MAPP gas torch, because fire good!
Heated the bung up and tried again, even grabbed a dead blow hammer. Nope.

Then I took a thinking smoke, and decided to take the tape off the wiring as I realized the different color wiring. Unwrapped the tape, and to my surprise there was heat shrink, cut it off and saw the butt connector.
Back story, I had to get Midas to weld the bung in when they did the exhaust as the headers that were supposed to be for the truck didn't come with one. Anyway, they obviously extend the wire.

So out come the wire cutters and on goes the box end of the wrench, more heat, more smacks with the dead blow and .........nothing! Lol

Lay there frustrated, and look.over by my welding machine cart....and I see it, my salvation!

8lb sledge hammer!!!!!

One more round of heat, wrench back on a BANG!!!
My goodness we have movement!!!
About twenty hits and wrench resets later the damn thing is out!

I SHALL NOT BE DEFEATED!!!!!

Grab the new one, and the can of devil's goo (anti seize) and slide the new one into its forever home.

Grab my electrical gizmos and reassemble the wiring as I definitely did not feel like trying to solder up underneath there, and figured the way it was lasted as long as it did, I should be fine until I LS the thing.

Connected the battery back up, made sure the 44 code was gone, and maybe I'll take it for a rip later after supper or tomorrow and see if it comes back.

You must be registered for see images attach

They actually gave a crap when doing it! Wow

Lil pink butt connector.

The culprit laying in its instrument of removal.

Back together after a wore reroute and before I was interrupted by a video call from my grandson while under the truck streaming music, but rest assured friends it has a fresh wrap of electrical tape.

So that's it for now, if you made it this far, congratulations, you just read the longest 02 sensor post ever!!! Lol

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly why I haven't done mine yet.... those are the best interruptions to have.
Absolutely!!!
But every time he calls( well his mom does cuz he's 18months) he asks for "Me Me", she's supposed to be "Me Ma" like Sheldon's grandma on Big Bang/Young Sheldon. Lol
So I'm just the number they call to talk to my wife, but I'll still take it, and today was awesome because he showed me his little hockey stick, then proceeded to spin around and smack his dad who was playing video games with his back to us.... priceless!!!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah the O2 can be a pain. I’ve been lucky. You got lucky in the end too. If it was stuck stuck you would have had to start on the LS swap. Guess you missed your opportunity.
Quite possible!!! Lol
More likely I would have just drilled a hole, and welded a new bung in, but I do appreciate your willingness to encourage a nuke strike for a bb-gun problem!!!! Lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Absolutely!!!
But every time he calls( well his mom does cuz he's 18months) he asks for "Me Me", she's supposed to be "Me Ma" like Sheldon's grandma on Big Bang/Young Sheldon. Lol
So I'm just the number they call to talk to my wife, but I'll still take it, and today was awesome because he showed me his little hockey stick, then proceeded to spin around and smack his dad who was playing video games with his back to us.... priceless!!!
Never too early to start with the hockey education....