Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, paint the parts that need paint and enjoy it a bit, get some miles on it. I’m doing the same right now, part of me is in a rush to get the turbo setup welded up but the other half of me wants to leave it drivable and keep doing day projects so it doesn’t become a jack stand princess. Drive it, enjoy it, get it LS swapped, it’s what you want.
That's my fear as well, the thing has been up on stands since October, until yesterday.
Another thing to consider is the weather.
You know we only get 4 months of nice weather!!! Lol
"Waste" a few weekends swapping and get back on the road.
Do the body work as much as possible through the winter and spray once it's warm.

Aaaaaaaaaggggghhhhh!!!!!
So many choices!!! Lol

Thinks I really need to start looking for a motor/trans. That way my decision is made! Lol

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I vote to find a nice engine and trans to swap in and then drive it till late Aug and do the engine swap then. Give it a test drive in sept then get it ready for paint over winter.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here ya go

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's my fear as well, the thing has been up on stands since October, until yesterday.
Another thing to consider is the weather.
You know we only get 4 months of nice weather!!! Lol
"Waste" a few weekends swapping and get back on the road.
Do the body work as much as possible through the winter and spray once it's warm.

Aaaaaaaaaggggghhhhh!!!!!
So many choices!!! Lol

Thinks I really need to start looking for a motor/trans. That way my decision is made! Lol
Just drive it and enjoy it, there is always next year for an engine swap or paint. If you go straight from one upgrade to the next you will never get to enjoy the pleasure of just going out for a cruise anytime you feel like it. And if you do that you have got plenty of time to think about the next upgrade without rushing into it.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just drive it and enjoy it, there is always next year for an engine swap or paint. If you go straight from one upgrade to the next you will never get to enjoy the pleasure of just going out for a cruise anytime you feel like it. And if you do that you have got plenty of time to think about the next upgrade without rushing into it.
Yes! Find your perfect engine trans combo to refresh with no rush.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here ya go

Ya, I came across that today.
A bit out of my budget for now. Nevermind all the parts that go along to get it running in the truck.
Realistically, my budget is $2500-3000.
By not going silly off the hop, it should be doable. Get one in and running, then mess with a cam during its first winter.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm with you on that! I just wanna drive!!! Lol
But if I don't spend what I have saved up for it, woman will get her mits on it somehow, someway and I'll never see it again.
Just because I have the engine/trans in my possession, doesn't necessarily mean I have to install it right away.....even though that would kill me not to!! Lol