DRL LED indicator and turn signal circuit information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sand_Blaster

Reaction score
Hello Comrades

This is my first post on Gear heads and i hope it goes well.

I purchased a DRL unit and LED strip with running White & amber for turn indication.
I have enclosed a wiring schematic for reference. I have installed the system and its working good except for the turn indication. Normal working condition, once the car is switched ON the White light comes ON and on switching OFF the ignition after 15sec the White light switches OFF. Below i will explain the different types of wiring that i have done for turn indication.
You must be registered for see images attach

I hope the drawing is quite self explanatory.
Option 1 of wiring scheme.

If i connect yellow cables A2 to the left turn indicator and B2 to right turn indicator. The amber light glows as i switch ON the either side of turn indicator. The problem lies in the ignition in OFF condition. After the timer goes OFF, only 50% of the each LED strips glows as it still receives a small amount of voltage. This option was not acceptable as it will drain my battery.

Option 2 of Wiring scheme
I isolated the wires of option 1 and i then connected yellow cables A1 & B1 to their respective turn indicator. In this case if i switch ON the either side of turn indicator the white light flashes instead.

For now i am using option 2 scheme. Kindly suggest to overcome this issue.

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What are the white LEDs for? Running lights?

Edit: That was a stupid question. I've never messed with these, but I assume the way that the controller works is that when it gets power from a turn signal it opens a contact to the running lights to de-energize them? Then when the turn signal turns off the contact closes turning back on the running lights? If this is the case you'd want the controller wired to ignition power. Then hook up the white LEDs to your controller. Then the turn signal wires from the controller need to go to their respective sides and hit a turn signal. Then the yellow LEDs need to hit the same spot as the sensing wires. Your diagram looks like this is what you've done. But I just wanted to be sure.
Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Last edited: