Drives Side Brake Light not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you hook the pass side up on the drivers side let it hang off the side use a broom or a paint pole to push the brake and see if it works????

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally had the time to work on the truck a bit and did that. Same results, still no actual brake light, but blinker and night lights work.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Drop your spare tire, crawl under there and check all the wires. Also, pull off BOTH taillights and check the wires going into them. I had a massive problem with my turn signals where they would blink really fast and the time in-between blinks was REALLY looooong. Turns out, my uncle (previous owner of my truck) neglected to tell me that he "fixed" a bad ground in the passenger-side taillight. Sure enough, i pulled the taillight off and the ground had exposed wiring and was corroded to ****. Amazing how something such as electrical tape coming off could f*ck your whole rear-end's wiring.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truck didn't have a box on it or a rear tail light wiring hardness when I got it. Put those in myself, attached a ground to the drive side of the frame. But I noticed the other day, I have no reverse lights... unless I am in neutral. Is there some sort of electrical box that controls lights that could be bad, I know my old Taurus had one. Otherwise reverse lights in neutral seems weird. I'm hoping both the problems are related.

I have tested all the wires back at the tail lights and they all receive power. The blinkers/brakes run off the same wire, but for some reason driver side brake light don't work, just blinker and hazards do.