Drives Side Brake Light not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trucks been on the road for about 2 weeks and this was working fine, all new bulbs, both brand new circuit boards, and a cleaned ground. One day driving I hit the left blinker and it was beating really fast. So when I stopped at my friends I checked and the filiments aren't burnt out. We checked to see when it worked. I have no blinker, or no brake light, but I do have just the normal light when I turn it on for night driving. And this is only on the driver side, the passenger side works fine in all regards, any ideas here?

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These boards are known to go out Try hooking the pass side light to the drivers side- see if it works IF the pass side works time for a new board (even if its new) the replacemnent boards burn out more than you think. My Locale parts store carries ten boards at a time for these trucks.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burnt out 2 days after taking it out of the box? That would be amazing :/ I do got a spare driver side board thats also brand new, just would suck to know these can burn out in 2 days.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya it does suck, even more when ya know its new and spend 6hr searching for the other problem only to get mad and start back at the beginning to find the new one is a POS. I learned that one the hard way.:)

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
check the bulb. I had the same issue but both sides. My issue was the bulb itself or so I thought.

The top lights on each are dual filiment but only work single, as a parklight.

The middle does both and mine I had park but not turn or brake.

Tried new bulbs, nothing. I had to bend the prongs on the bulb out to make it get contact and work, problem solved. I went thru 3 sets of bulbs thinking they were bad before I found this out. I tested the bulbs with a 9 volt battery and screwdriver or something to make contact with, and knew my boards worked because I tried an old bulb and they worked fine.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would suggest getting an ohm meter so that you can check for power, continuity, and also the bulb's themself.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, put in a new board and thought it was fixed, but I can't test the brake lights easily by myself. I know the blinker now worked, but went to my parents and they said brake light still doesn't work, so I had them hit the brakes, sure enough it doesn't. Makes no sense, turn signal and brake lights use the same filament, but brake lights don't work?