Driver's side oh **** handles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is lifted and after I replace the door pins, I dont want to keep using the door to put my weight on when I get in the truck.

Has anyone mounted handles on the drivers side? If so, post up some pics and how you did it?

Are there any GMT400's that had driver's side handle setups I can look for in the yard?

Thanks, Jeff

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
this is something i'd be interested in too.....i dont think any obs's have em on the driver's side

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll have to consider this. My truck is just stock height and I have nerf bars that I use to step up with. Usually I use the steering wheel, but a handle might be nice. I don't like them on the a-piller though. I'd prefer one the roof next to the door where I might hold it while driving.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of the door jam. 1st of all, it's kind of counterproductive to pull yourself up to the back of the cab. Worst leverage point in relation to your body. The A pillar really is the best spot as far as pulling somene into the cab, I just don't like it there and I like to hang on to a handle while driving. Wouldn't be able to do this with the handle next to the headrest. Although they don't look quite as good, a loop/strap might be easier to install and easier to reach.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if you could locate a right hand drive truck it should have a setup just like what is on or right side a pillar since the passenger would be on the left side.

That make sense?

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think if you could locate a right hand drive truck it should have a setup just like what is on or right side a pillar since the passenger would be on the left side.

That make sense?

Makes sense, but right hand drives would be hard to find. Also, all you would have to do is take a passenger side handle and flip it to place it on the driver's side.

bwchevyguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Time to start browsing the LONDON and BRISBAN craigslists. Ha ha.