Drivers side battery tray - does your fender have a nut built in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pro17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I drilled all holes to fit the tray and it sits pretty well. Except there is no nut in the fender for the side support.
Everyone else missing that?
Do I have to take the whole fender off to get a hand behind that - because it looks like I do

You must be registered for see images attach

BIG_KID

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1991 K1500
Original fender and aftermarket fender both had nut on inside. Can you drill a hole and remove the inner splash shield to get a nut on.

pro17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The hole is already there, like it was meant to be. The nut is just not on the inner side. Maybe its just a 1995 thing.
Looking over how everything on that fender is put together, i would have to take off the grill, bumper, outer fender, just to tack weld on a nut. That may even require taking off the door lol, so I just took a few zip ties and it seems to be holding fairly well.

pro17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool, good one. Ill see if I can find one big enough for that spot.
I would really like to know what was designed to go there. Clearly something was - there is the hole, about the size for the bolt for the tray and in the perfect spot, then that much larger hole right above it. But both of those holes are raised up, as if something snaps onto them together. Maybe its used to hold the spare box that was offered in 96-98, but for some reason made it onto 95.

BIG_KID

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You might be able to use something like this...

If the nut isn't welded on then you will use this. There should be a slot in the fender where the nut slides in from the inside next to the bolt hole.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That hardware is for the under hood storage box that I bought for my GMC...that I still haven't installed lol