Dorman 425-185 Steering Shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd box, and if I don't trade in my truck here soon I'm just going to get the redhead box and then install the joint...

I've just been on the fence on which way to go , keep or buy a newer truck......

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got a quote from Redhead for the k1500 steering gear. It's almost twice the price. Looking up other posts people seem to swear by it. Still trying to make my mind up on which gear to get.

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. This unit is our part number 2864S. These units run $296 with a core charge of $150. Shipping to 00000 is $35 one way. These units can be ordered over the phone.

Thanks,

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got a quote from Redhead for the k1500 steering gear. It's almost twice the price. Looking up other posts people seem to swear by it. Still trying to make my mind up on which gear to get.
I got my steering gear from these guys and have been happy with it.

http://www.jorgenauto.com/

Price breakdown:

$149 for gear
$28 shipping (includes a return ups label for the core)
$100 core charge.

After core return, I spent $183.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

What?

Reaction score
yes i have had the dorman installed for a week or two now.the fit was good i did not have to do any grinding or fileing on it. i read some amazon reviews were a couple of guys said they had to take a file to it but that was not the case for me
How much of an improvement? Do you happen to have a closer close up picture of the rag joint? I wonder what material is used for it.