Door locks stopped working using button but key fob still works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have a strange problem that happened all of a sudden on my 99 4dr Yukon where the driver and passenger side door lock buttons do absolutely nothing but the key fob still locks all of the doors. I tried Google searching the forum and didn't find this same problem so my apologies if there is a post already.

Wouldn't the key fob just activate the same circuit as the physical door lock buttons on the doors?

I'm really confused and didn't see a fuse for the door locks that might have blown but then again, wouldn't that stop the key fob from working?

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the circuit for the driver side connected to the passenger side?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe it is, yes.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So that would mean that the passenger and driver switch are on the same circuit but the key fob triggers a different circuit? That is really strange isn't it?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's odd, but not entirely out of the ordinary. I've experienced the exact same issue on one of my old Nissans with an aftermarket keyless kit. Replaced the master switch on the driver's side with one I pulled from a junkyard and no more problems.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great I will give it a shot and report back. Thanks so much!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're welcome! Hope it works for you.

Dharmabum

Reaction score
Check all your fuses, I just had the same issue on my 98 Burb and I believe it was my horn fuse that was blown, put in a new one and the lock switches started working.