Door Handle and Door Pin Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hodges87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed new bushings today and my door opens and closes like new.

Here are some GM Part #'s for the bushings and retainer clip:

16632192 Bushing
16632193 Bushing
25640501 Retainer Clip

You will need 2 of each for 1 door

Juan!

Meh
Reaction score
Ginger you sneaky *******, you should probably mention the original author in the post somewhere :roflsquared:

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so this is not a real hard thing to do? my drivers door is awful. you have to slam it to get it to shut and the passenger is getting worse. i have hinge pins for one door wich would be for the drivers since its the worst.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
What kind of grease do you guys use for your door pins/rollers (I think that's what it's called)? I recently though my pins were going bad, but there was no play in them, so the pins were fine. My roller was just so dry that it was hard to open/close. I tried a simple silicone spray, but that didn't work too well, do you guys just use WD40 or something?

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did my door pins and put in a new door handle today. Followed this thread exactly.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i need to do mine on my drivers door again and i should put a new handle in it while im at it too

i did mine last oct i think and it needs them again already

i can moved the door up and down if i grab hold of it at the bottom and move it