dome light swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
finally got it to work but here are the two style lights im talking about

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, they're mainly in SUVs.

I put one in my truck, don't remember what I did, I'll look at it and get back to you. I think the third wire is a ground, and I just put an eyelet end on it and used the mounting screw to ground it

i just noticed this post but if you could that would be great :)

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Post a pic of the wires on the SUV light, it might jog my memory. I wont be by the other truck until late tomorrow

Sent from the Rat powered LG

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Ok good, you got the other side of the harness. Cut off the end of the one on the truck. Wire up the orange and white and ground the black between the mounting screw and roof. Be sure to scrape a little paint off to make sure you get a good ground

Sent from the Rat powered LG

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do i need to trim the hole at all? it doesnt seem like its going to fit flush. also what would i hook up the lights for the over head console to? i have 2 orange and 1 black

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought one off ebay and it didn't fit or I just didn't try hard enough... what did you get your dome light out of? mine was a 98-99 Burb I think.. I still want to do this swap

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought one off ebay and it didn't fit or I just didn't try hard enough... what did you get your dome light out of? mine was a 98-99 Burb I think.. I still want to do this swap

im not sure what year i got it from a truck in the junkyard all i know for sure is that it was a obs suburban, from what i can see i may need to trim alittle from the roof to get it to sit flush, ill end up posting the process when i do get more time to do it besides before work lol