Does my truck have abs ? If not what is this....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i'm replacing all the brake lines on my truck next week with stainless ones from inline tube and I'm not sure if my truck has abs or not. It's got something attached to the master cylinder that looks like it could be an abs unit but I've never had abs kick on in the truck and I dont' see anywhere on the truck where it lists that it has abs. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.

You must be registered for see images attach

It's the box looking thing attached to the right side of the master cylinder. Is that an abs unit? If so am I'm going to have to do a special bleeding procedure when I replace the lines? Btw I plan on replacing the master cylinder if that makes any difference

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So its abs for the rear? How easy is it to remove that "junk" as mike put it

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would like to know as well. i was under the impression that my truck did NOT have it at all and i got that same looking thing. my moms 04 impala doesnt even have abs lol

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really? Nobody else has removed this and can help us out. I would just yank it all out but there's electrical connectors going to it and i dont want to trip a brake light.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Well my truck has had its abs removed but it was before I owned it so I never had it. But I am pretty sure they just took the box out and put some weird bends in the lines to make it work. All of my electrical plugs for it are just sitting in my engine bay.