Does anyone’s workbench . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of pics from everyone’s posts of their really incredible tool boxes and tools. I’m pretty new to automotive restoration and wrenching work myself. I did learn the basics growing up. But, here’s a cool bit of nostalgia. The Craftsman toolbox you see from my opening thread pic was my dad’s that he bought when he started tech school for diesel mechanics. That was probably 65ish years ago (he'll be 86 in April). I restored it three years ago and now it’s being used by me today. He still has most of those old Craftsman tools he used back then too. They’re worthless in the grand scheme of things, but will be priceless to me one day.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of pics from everyone’s posts of their really incredible tool boxes and tools. I’m pretty new to the automotive restoration and wrenching work myself. I did learn the basics growing up. But, here’s a cool bit of nostalgia. The Craftsman toolbox you see from my opening thread pic was my dad’s that he bought when he started tech school for diesel mechanics. That was probably 65ish years ago (he'll be 86 in April). I restored it three years ago and now it’s being used by me today. He still has most of those old Craftsman tools he used back then too. They’re worthless in the grand scheme of things, but will be priceless to me one day.

That's really cool.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score

My current disaster zone. I desperately need/want a true garage or shop building...and fewer projects.
I see you have tow hooks in your pic just like I have in mine. Mine are still hanging from my work bench from two screws, just like the pic I started this thread with on 1/27. So what I'm saying is . . . you're not alone. :Big Laugh: :Big Laugh:

PS: My work area is in a two car garage that my wife parks her Camry in. I'm only allowed one half of the garage. I can't even park my truck in there because of all the junk on my side. :(

Last edited:

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I see you have tow hooks in your pic just like I have in mine. Mine are still hanging from my work bench from two screws, just like the pic I started this thread with on 1/27. So what I'm saying is . . . you're not alone. :Big Laugh: :Big Laugh:

PS: My work area is in a two car garage that my wife parks her Camry in. I'm only allowed one half of the garage. I can't even park my truck in there because of all the junk on my side. :(
Tow hooks had to get pulled from the suburban for the plow mount to go on. I've got woodworking stuff, third row from the suburban, two large tool chests, shelves, arc welder, cheapo press, table saw, work bench, and 1000 other things in there, all constantly in the way. Mower is supposed to be in there as well but its stuck out in the weather under a tarp.