Does a horn qualify as audio or electronics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
I put some airhorns under the hood. Just cheapies from princess auto. Although I like them somewhat, I sound like a lunch truck. I have heard though, that nothing beats the horns on old boats (caddy, lincoln, buicks etc.) So if you want something, maybe check out an old wrecker and pull some old ones. I haven't tried but I have heard good things. They also have those Hella Supertones. Load as hell but kind of weak sounding. My buddy has them in his STi.

Good luck. FYI. I put a mount in on the top of the wheel well by the washer fluid tank. I find it just as loud as when I had them behind the grill. (air horns)

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going with the old school "AAAAROOooooOGA" horn if I have to put a new one in.

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
my buddy had a horn that played "dixie"...he would push his horn and you would expect your normal honk and "dixie" would come out and everyone would bust the hell up laughing...

i have problems with mine...when i got it i never tried it but tried it when i got home...it was uplugged...plugged it in and it would honk without pushing the steering wheel every so often....what is causing this...what kind of wire do you use to rewire and is it pretty easy to trace?

Chevrolet1

Reaction score
The horn was the only thing that didn't work when I recently purchased my 98 ECSB stepside. Traced it back to a bad relay. $14 for one with a lifetime warranty and it now works great. BTW: The horn relay is located in the fuse/relay box under the hood on the driver side. Flip over the removable cover for the location (decal).