Dodge Factory Keyless Entry in OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright fella, My question is

Has anyone ever installed gm keyless entry in to a obs with factory equipment?
I was looking into the gm module and keyfob. I mean how hard could it be since im only trying to control the locks, not an alarm or anything else.

Now the trick. I have a new cummins with the key and fob built into one. Im going to attempt to swap my ignition over to the dodge style key. or try to have my key cut down to fit. and if they dont work i will install my key into their fob. Making my key and remote all in one. Pretty sick idea if i can get the dodge module wired up and program the remote to it.

Anyone done anything similar with factory keyless entry?

Kable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to some junk yards to look for the module and hopefully a key. Might stop by a dealership but that will be a joke haha

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even GM alarms installed in dealerships didn't just "plug in". Are you sure that dodge has a separate module for their alarm? Then you're going to have to figure out what each pins function is on the dodge factory alarm, and you'll also need the harness that plugs into it. Either way you will still need two relays to control the door lock actuators. You're looking at a lot of work to basically have your key attached to the FOB. Just get an aftermarket alarm and be done with it.