DISABLE DRL's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sepiroth

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a thread here somewhere on how to disable the DRL's. I pulled the #15 fuse with the truck off. I started the truck up to find the DRL's were still on.

Is there something else I am missing? Is there more to it than pulling a fuse to disbale the DRL's?

98 GMC SIERRA z71 4x4 ext cab

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't remember the fuse #...but that's all I did. Still got the green light on the dash but it doesn't bother me.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Be sure to pull the right fuse, I can't remember if the number is above or below the fuse and be sure to double check that you are pulling the DRL fuse that it corresponds with, I'm not sure its #15 as its been so long since I've done it.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
It is number 15 and like butch said make sure you pulled 15 and not 9 which is right above 15 its on the second row across and 15 is on the 3rd. The #9 fuse is for your parking lights so if you pulled that you should be able to tell pretty easily.

Sepiroth

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all, thanks for the responses. I'l go ahead double and triple check to be sure I pulled the right fuse.

Sepiroth

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, as it turns out, i pulled the wrong fuse. I pulled the right fuse and the DRL's went off. Thanks!!

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little late - but ya wrong fuse situation - I know about that.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just for those select few with factory fog lights, pulling fuse #15 will kill your fogs, and depending on your year, not your drls. for you guys, where your right knee is when your driving there is a bump on the panel below the steering column. look underneath the dash at that area there is a black finned box. you can either unbolt it from the support bar (1 10mm bolt that seems a mile long) or leave it, but either way there is a plug on the top of the box, unplug it. You will no longer have drls but you will still have your fogs.