Differences in clutch pedals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, just coming in with a question for my 98 sierra. Are there differences between years of 88-98 for pedal assemblies. Specifically brake/clutch? I know the older trucks to manual swap you needed to weld in the bracket. But on the later trucks ( 95 + ??) that they already have it in regardless auto/manual. I know for sure my truck has the bracket already in the truck.

I was wondering if there were differences say between an 89 and my 98 specifically for different types of pedal assemblies they used.
I have an 89 that was 5 speed and was going to use that pedal assembly if it will work.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
If I understood what I read, any year will work, just get the master cylinder out of the same truck (with a parts truck, that's easy to do)

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I understood what I read, any year will work, just get the master cylinder out of the same truck (with a parts truck, that's easy to do)

I was going to use some of the parts out of the other truck "Freakenstein" as I was going to find a different cab later on. It has everything I need, except throwout bearing literally blew up. I was getting new wearable items nonetheless either way.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
88-95 and 96+ use different mounting for the clutch master cylinder, and the transmission use external slaves in the early years VS internal later on. You could use either i'm sure, i would just be consistent and use the same era clutch/pedal setup.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
88-95 and 96+ use different mounting for the clutch master cylinder, and the transmission use external slaves in the early years VS internal later on. You could use either i'm sure, i would just be consistent and use the same era clutch/pedal setup.

Okay thanks. It will all be from my one truck, I think that the wiring pig tails were different between the years, but I will have the ends cut from my one truck and just wire them in. Just wasn't too sure about the fitment of them if they were the same. I've read your write up and should be good. I just want to switch input shafts between the 241C and 246 so I can retain my auto 4x4.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

How long do you think the swpa would take? I was going to probably get my pedals/ cylinder installed one weekend, and then maybe transmission another?