Diesel swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've always wanted a diesel but I love my 94 c1500 anyone ever swapped the 5.7 and threw a diesel in? Show me your pictures and your problems you ran into!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm doing the opposite. You'd probably be OK for fuel lines, but for me I have a 98+ tank for the 98 recipient, but it turns out the diesels kept the older style lines and also TBI location for PCM as well. You would probably need to do an interior harness swap as well to account for the accelerator pedal. You'd need hydroboost as the diesel makes no vacuum (or a vacuum pump, but the vac brakes suck on these trucks). Engine to frame and trans mounts are all the same though and the 2 front sections of fuel line ought to fit right in. You'd be looking at a lift pump to replace the fuel filter and I'm not sure what the diesel tank has inside for a pump? Plug off the charcoal can line while you're at it and swap in the biggest radiator you can find. 3500s got a taller radiator than the rest of the trucks.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Or like ol' boy did a 4-53 Detroit swap into a bagged, chop top C1500 :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Huh, looks like I've missed some of his progress. Seems he's twin turbo now and a different color scheme

Richard

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or like ol' boy did a 4-53 Detroit swap into a bagged, chop top C1500 :D

Huh, looks like I've missed some of his progress. Seems he's twin turbo now and a different color scheme

Richard
I think the chop looks ugly. Otherwise, it's pretty damn cool!

Reaction score
Swap in which diesel? The 6.5? May wanna re-think that.

Richard
Haven't really decided yet I've heard of people putting a 4bt in or a short 24v dunno just playing around trying to figure something out not interest in the 6.5s I've heard too many horror stories about them lol. My goal for this truck is to completely update this truck to a modern truck

Reaction score
Have you done any research? Do you have lots of time and money? Or are you just thinking out loud?
Thinking out loud for now... I'm not going to get rid of this truck just looking for something crazy to do to it right now I'm trying to update it to a 2016 luxuries I just put 2016 electric seats in and I'm going to do alot of modernization to it