Did something real dumb, won't start now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was replacing the coil on my 95 Sierra, 350. Got it all installed and fired up the truck to test, it ran fine. So I started putting the air cleaner back on (truck running), and the engine just quit when I seated the lower air cleaner on the throttle body. I have one of those hypertech salad bowls, and it looks like the injector wiring is a bit chafed. I think that bowl shorted all the wires together, and killed the truck.

Now it won't start. Cranks fine. I can't see if there's fuel spray, looking from inside the cab, but there's certainly nothing accumulating on the TB blades. So no fuel. And I can't hear the fuel pump run when I go key "on". It won't go into diagnostic mode either. So what did I kill? ECM?

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good call, you were close. It was ECM-I, underhood 20A. Thanks for the tip. My truck runs again! :D

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
No prob.
Be careful, that kind of stuff can cause real damage. Glad it just popped the fuse.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Yeah, those wires were really common to chafe and pop the fuse. Good to hear it was a quick fix.