Destroyed 93 dash.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Wiggins

Reaction score
I just acquired a 93 chevy 3500 dually diesel, Texas Stagecoach edition. The body is straight but the dash Is trashed. Completely falling apart so I dont think I could use a coverlet. Any ideas without having to call the salvage yards?

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't see where else you can go. Most of the plastic can likely come from any truck and at least you are pre-airbag so that won't be an issue. You will need a diesel specific instrument cluster if yours is trashed. If it is transplantable then you have a long day or two moving parts that are not trashed. Let us know how you come out.

Is the Texas Stagecoach edition somethings special? Unusual trim? I confess ignorance about that. If all else fails, dash components from a stock '93 will likely fit.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
You can find dash cores online or at the yard assuming that's all you need. Hopefully all your trim pieces are intact and you can just stick those onto a new dash?

I ordered mine from this guy https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html/?_saslop=1&_sasl=tjsoff He usually goes through a good amount of interior pieces for these trucks.

My dash was basically non existent and the dash I got looked practically brand new.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
They aren't too bad to remove, but I guess at the u-pull yards in Texas a lot of the 88-94 dashes are damaged by the heat and sun? I removed mine and re-installed but luckily there are still 88-94's still around up here (but starting to reduce in #'s) I used this guys video to take apart the dash..
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
1992-1994 are your only direct-fit options. 1988-1991 look the same from outward appearance, but there is a major difference where the connector for the cluster attaches.

You can make a 1988-1991 dash work, but to end up with a rock-solid reliable connection on those little "finger" style contacts the 1992-1994 cluster has, you'll want to do a little hacking to transfer the raised area of the plastic behind the cluster over to the replacement dash. It's totally do-able, just some extra thought and work.

Richard

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
You can find dash cores online or at the yard assuming that's all you need. Hopefully all your trim pieces are intact and you can just stick those onto a new dash?

I ordered mine from this guy https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html/?_saslop=1&_sasl=tjsoff He usually goes through a good amount of interior pieces for these trucks.

My dash was basically non existent and the dash I got looked practically brand new.
Makes me appreciate my local junkyard, after seeing those prices. I got a complete dash, steering wheel, and kick panels out of a '96, for $90. Since I pulled the dash myself, it helped me learn the best way to do it, when I got ready to swap it with my beat up one.
Took me 2 hours to get the junkyard dash out, I cut that in half taking my dash out, and I might could cut that in half if I did another soon. The hardest part for me, was getting the steering column out, but it wasn't bad at all.

Chris Wiggins

Reaction score
I don't see where else you can go. Most of the plastic can likely come from any truck and at least you are pre-airbag so that won't be an issue. You will need a diesel specific instrument cluster if yours is trashed. If it is transplantable then you have a long day or two moving parts that are not trashed. Let us know how you come out.

Is the Texas Stagecoach edition somethings special? Unusual trim? I confess ignorance about that. If all else fails, dash components from a stock '93 will likely fit.

The Texas Stagecoach has skirts around the seats, woodgrain panels applied to the interior. And a custom horn cover with a stagecoach embroidered in it. Best I can tell it was a package that was made by a company down in Houston.

Chris Wiggins

Reaction score

I saw one on ebay a couple weeks ago and didn't buy it. It sold for $225. I'm kicking myself now for not pulling the trigger. I emailed him asking how often he gets his hands on those. Hopefully he can find me one.