Demand for a 1.25" Lift

If shopping for a body lift, how likely would you be to buy a 1.5" kit?

• Very likely

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Likely

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Not at all

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I think i can deal with 3" of lift...but according to that website that "******" posted my 2wd 2500 frame isn't directly compatible and that i'm gonna have to do frame cutting?

Yea you will need to trim the frame ends back to match a 4x4 frame....plus with the weight of the 6.5 you will want to lift it higher then the 3" built into the brackets via using lift springs. Plus you may want to change to a 4x4 oil pan since it has a clearance section built into it.

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally I don't like a body lift by itself. I'd only do a small body lift if I also have a suspension lift. But, I know it depends on who would. But, I guess I'm a little OCD so there should be options of 1", 2" and 3" instead of fractions, unless you also add 1 1/2" so you do half of 3" if you wanted. But really, just 1" body lift isn't much of a difference since body lifts are done mainly for tire clearances. I say level the front and be done with it. No real need to try to stuff too much tire in the fenders where you'd only need an inch or 2 to clear.

Just my opinion though lol

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can see the value for guys that want to tuck 33's and don't want to crank their torsion bars; good idea.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I have to say not at all mainly because if im going to do a body lift I want the full 3in. I don't mind frame showing I actually like it:hidesbehindsofa: .That's just my opinion im sure a ton of guys would love one.

I agree. Id rather get the biggest bodylift and be done. the stance does look good though

HorneDawgZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would like to see pictures of it with the bumpers on. Would the 1.25 or 1.5 inch lift require fan shroud adjustment and bumper brackets? Like to see pictures of a truck with a 1.25 lift without brackets on the bumpers