Dave's 95 2DR Yukon Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
i was looking to blow some money on a lift.... tax return, and someone suggested the DC lift.... looked and NADA. only one i could find was the dude in west tx. i shy away from it because if DC stopped making it, i don't know what the support of the product would be....

redneck98

All the girls wanna ride!
Reaction score
I think it depends on the length of the glasspack and exhaust tips that will cause the popping.

I already have the lift kit. I had bought it back in July from Extream suspension and that's news to me that they stopped making the kit :think:

I appreciate the offer on the wheels but I think I might have found deal on some rims and tires :D

oh i didnt know tips could change that. good to know

Dave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you tried Extream suspension? they are located in Midland, Texas. I believe they are the company that makes them.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
that might have been who it was. i only recall that they were in west texas. i don't remember exactly where. the route i'm going is going to be cheaper in the long run anyway.

Dave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the route i'm going is going to be cheaper in the long run anyway.

Yeah, I saw your thread. The RCX looks like a good kit. I've seen a few trucks around town that are running that lift and they sit up pretty high.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
RCX has a killer price point. i don't know much about the at all other than they sell good stuff cheaper than most anyone else. I m nervous about a 6" lift though.... never been a fan of super high lifted trucks.... i'm sure it'll be fine though

Dave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked up some used 12'' glasspacks for $15

You must be registered for see images attach

I also ordered some 36x12.50r16 TSL radial's today which should arrive in 3 to 4 weeks.

and heres my DC 6.5'' kit. It's a stage 1 with dual shock hoops

99K2500

Reaction score
Picked up some used 12'' glasspacks for $15

I also ordered some 36x12.50r16 TSL radial's today which should arrive in 3 to 4 weeks.

and heres my DC 6.5'' kit. It's a stage 1 with dual shock hoops

Hey man I love your tahoe, I just picked one up. Keep posting pics!

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats a really nice 2rd you have there! I had a 91 yukon 2dr and miss the hell out of it!

Dave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Little update

Picked up a 6 lug 14 bolt Semi Float off of craigslist for $325
The axle was already pulled out of the truck from the owner so I couldn't look at the RPO codes to see what gear ratio it has or find out the mileage on it.
He said it came out of a '97 4x4 2500 LD. I measured from WMS to WMS to make sure it wasn't the narrow 2wd axle and it measured out roughly to 67'' and 3/4

You must be registered for see images

I'm not sure but I think this is a G80 diff? Everything looked intact and no chucks of metal on the magnet.
Not sure when the last time the cover was off but the gasket was completley gone

Somehow on the way back home the yoke popped off and all of the gear oil leaked out :nono: so I don't know if it had on nut on it in the first place or it fell off while going down the road :think:
at least I didn't loose the yoke but now I have to find a nut for it....

And here are my 36x12.50 TSL's