Dave's 95 2DR Yukon Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
great job, from the pics u look like ur a pretty darn good painter

Dave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now that the exterior is how I want it to be, I will move on to the next phase of my build.

My plans are to:
Install a Dick Cepek 6.5'' lift and run either a 36'' or 37'' tall tire.
Swap in a 6 lug 14 bolt SF with 4.56 or 4.88 gears.
Replace ball joints, CV axles, idler and pitman arm.
Run true dual exhaust with glasspacks.

I havent decided on what type of wheel and tire im going to run. Also, I will most likely keep the 10 bolt and regear it and put a locker in place of the G80 diff since I can't find a 14 bolt sf anywhere. I've been looking for almost a year now :nono:

redneck98

All the girls wanna ride!
Reaction score
So now that the exterior is how I want it to be, I will move on to the next phase of my build.

My plans are to:
Install a Dick Cepek 6.5'' lift and run either a 36'' or 37'' tall tire.
Swap in a 6 lug 14 bolt SF with 4.56 or 4.88 gears.
Replace ball joints, CV axles, idler and pitman arm.
Run true dual exhaust with glasspacks.

I havent decided on what type of wheel and tire im going to run. Also, I will most likely keep the 10 bolt and regear it and put a locker in place of the G80 diff since I can't find a 14 bolt sf anywhere. I've been looking for almost a year now :nono:

why glasspacks? at least put chambed mufflers in

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
had to do a double take with your first pics man.... such a nice looking truck.....

why glasspacks? at least put chambed mufflers in
yeah? i like the way glasspacks sound.... maybe that makes me a redneck but for me it's just personal taste.

and i don't think DC make the lift for our trucks anymore. i think there may be a guy on ebay from here in tx that said he has some.... i have some NBS 17's i ran on mine that i'd part with if you want. they look awsome i just hate putting rubber on them.

Dave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
idk what it isim just not a big fan of glasspacks on 350s they pop so much but its growing on me

I think it depends on the length of the glasspack and exhaust tips that will cause the popping.

had to do a double take with your first pics man.... such a nice looking truck.....

and i don't think DC make the lift for our trucks anymore. i think there may be a guy on ebay from here in tx that said he has some.... i have some NBS 17's i ran on mine that i'd part with if you want. they look awsome i just hate putting rubber on them.

I already have the lift kit. I had bought it back in July from Extream suspension and that's news to me that they stopped making the kit :think:

I appreciate the offer on the wheels but I think I might have found deal on some rims and tires :D