Dash Switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Allright, I have been having some problems with my dash switches, like my head light switch or 4wd switch. if dash is placed normally, the switches will only work for a couple minutes, but if I pull the bottom of the dash out a bit(shoved a gum package in between) they work just fine. Whats up with that? And if I hit a good couple bumps my blower quites, unless I push a bit on the controls up top, then it comes back on. Also, its a 98 Silverado, so 4wd power switch. but it does not have the neutral option? I think im in need of a new one, but they have like 3 or 4 different ones on ebay. Really In need of some help

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The lights on my 4x4 switch do that, you have to press on the dash surround to get them to come on. I opened up the switch and see some cracks in the solder so guess that is my issue. You might check yours as well.

I would wonder if you have a loose wire or something in the back of your a/c panel. Have you pulled it out to check that everything is properly seated? Also check the two connectors that plug into the blower under the glovebox. Maybe one of them isn't on there good.

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was just thinking on changing the headlight switch and the 4wd switch. but theres a couple different 4wd switches. Will it screw things up if I put in a switch that has a neutral setting?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd match it with what you have. I don't remember the transfer case numbers (NP243 or NP246 maybe?) but the one with autotrac came with the auto-4wd/neutral selection and the other did not.

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its just theres a lot more switches w/ neutral on ebay and they are cheaper. So I wasn't sure if it made a difference