Damn electronic HVAC controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I lost low and medium speed on my fan this morning. Not a big deal considering how cold it is I'll only be using high for awhile, but annoying.

I was thinking, are there relays under the dash for all 3 speeds? Or is it run direct off the HVAC contoler?

And finally, if my module is shot, anybody have one laying around they need to unload? I already looked on ebay and I can't find a black one anywhere. Everybody else must have a gray interior?

On another rant, why can't I buy black mirrors anymore? Mine came stock but the only replacement ones I can buy are chrome. I keep finding all this stupid **** and it's starting to piss me off.

Last edited:

Valkyrie5.7

Thrashaholic
Reaction score
You can find them at Rockauto.com (a great site if you've never used it) and at Latemodelrestoration.com, LMC truck probably carries them too. I would use rockauto though. I'm pretty sure the price will be cheaper, plus I have this 5% off discount code you can use if you want:

just enter: 26913192226625 in the "how did you hear about us" line in the shopping cart. It expires March 21, 2010.

(if it expires before you get them, you can probably easily find a new one by doing a google search.)

I've used them a few times for my truck and about a million times for the mustang I had before, where every component seemed to be made of paper mache.

Valkyrie5.7

Thrashaholic
Reaction score
You can find them at Rockauto.com (a great site if you've never used it) and at Latemodelrestoration.com, LMC truck probably carries them too. I would use rockauto though. I'm pretty sure the price will be cheaper, plus I have this 5% off discount code you can use if you want:

just enter: 26913192226625 in the "how did you hear about us" line in the shopping cart. It expires March 21, 2010.

(if it expires before you get them, you can probably easily find a new one by doing a google search.)

I've used them a few times for my truck and about a million times for the mustang I had before, where every component seemed to be made of paper mache.

I'm a retard. I meant this in reference to the black mirrors, although I'm sure that Rockauto has the HVAC controller.

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sweet, thanks for reminding me of that site!

HVAC controls are still $190 before a $40 core rebate. But mirrors are $18. Nice.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
It sounds like your blower motor resistor is bad, check that with a test light before buying the HVAC controller.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is an old thread but I'll throw my 2cents in anyways......

Bad resistors normally defaults the blower to HI Speed Only.
I check the switch 1st.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
This is an old thread but I'll throw my 2cents in anyways......

Bad resistors normally defaults the blower to HI Speed Only.
I check the switch 1st.

That is usually the case, but on my 94, all fan speeds worked except Low Med, the resistor turned out to be the culprit.

Its very easy to check the resistor, so check the switch, then check the resistor.

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Over a year later and I still haven't checked the damn thing, on my way with a multi-meter now. Even though it's -20*, my curiosity is forcing me to check that.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you need an HVAC unit, i have one that'd i would sell ya. It's black, came out of a 89' Chevy. I'll sell it cheaper then the core charge :)