CV Shaft Prices and Brands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thedood

Reaction score
I'm gathering parts of my 1995 K1500 and was on Rock Auto pricing CV Shafts. The AC Delco were 300+ bucks, the next most expensive were like $85. Are the AC Delco that much better? What brand would the members here recommend? Thanks for the help in advance.

Edit: This is a stock truck that will see mild off-roading but nothing major, fire roads, plain old dirt gravel roads, some mild trails.

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've just got Parts store axles in the front of my truck, $80 a piece and they have a lifetime warranty so I can just take them up there and warranty them without a lot of downtime if one breaks. So far I haven't broken either of them and I've abused them a bit.

thedood

Reaction score
@Fuzzy, Do you remember if you purchased a heavy duty set? I'm curious if cv axle replacement is something others think I should do and get out of the way since I will be in there anyway. I am hearing an occasional popping in the front when I take off (in 2 wheel drive) and when I turn. I know I am needing ball joints (will be replaced in 2 weeks).

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Fuzzy, Do you remember if you purchased a heavy duty set? I'm curious if cv axle replacement is something others think I should do and get out of the way since I will be in there anyway. I am hearing an occasional popping in the front when I take off (in 2 wheel drive) and when I turn. I know I am needing ball joints (will be replaced in 2 weeks).

I just bought the Duralast Gold from Autozone which is a standard replacement axle. I've got about 35,000 miles on one of them without any issues so far, probably 25,000 or so on the other. You can get the pair for $140 with a Lifetime warranty. The popping you're hearing could be a bad axle, also check your sway bar links and bushings.

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Delco one is most likely a new never used cv shaft. The cheaper one is almost certainly a reman. I got the cheapo remans from my local parts house. Lifetime warranty.