cummins powered crew cab chevy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is really shaping up into an awesome project. Plans for paint?

domepiece

Reaction score
paint for the truck or the motor? Hopefully i can paint the truck this winter. Just going back with the stock red with maybe some pearl and microflake thrown in. Nothing to flashy just something to give it a little something extra. I'm not planning on painting the motor until i have to rebuild it or pull it out again. So hopefully it'll be a couple years. I want to bag and body drop it on some milled down freightliner wheels before I have to yank the motor again.

domepiece

Reaction score
hahaha. sounds good but expensive. 4l80E take a special computer to make work. After this is done i'm going to try to find another 4BTA for my 49 Dodge Coronet.

Thanks man.

I got a gas pedal and throttle cable out of a 1990 pickup. got them in but gotta make a bracket for the cable to hook up. I also burnt up my fuel shutoff solenoid so i'm just going to use a choke cable to open it manually. I don't have the $275 they want for a new solenoid. I also bled a couple of the injectors and got it fired up. Still have some little stuff to do but should be on the street this weekend.

here's a video.

You must be registered for see images attach

domepiece

Reaction score
Well I was hoping to be driving this damn thing this week but the damn slave cylinder was giving me fits. I spent probably 6 hours trying to bleed the dodge slave cylinder with no luck. I actually think I had it bled but the chevy master probably didn't push enough fluid. So I went and bought a new Chevy slave cylinder which has an awesome little thing called a bleeder on it. No question about whether it's bled or not. I did have to make some modifications to make the chevy slave work on a dodge tranny but not bad. I took the snap ring that holds the mounting brackets off both units. Got rid of the chevy mount as the bolt holes are way wider then the dodge. plus there studs and not holes. Then I used the dodge mounting tab and welded a bead along the inside of the hole that the slave sets in. The dodge slave has a 1" bore where the chevy is 20mm. some filling to get it just the right size and bamn. install the chevy snap and you've got a chevy slave in a dodge tranny. Also used the Dodge slave rod as it's shorter. Worked like a charm. Drove the truck for a mile or so. still have to add some cooling fans and rebuiild my tranny tunnel. I have one more weekend to get it done and on the road.

domepiece

Reaction score
Well I was hoping to be driving this damn thing this week but the damn slave cylinder was giving me fits. I spent probably 6 hours trying to bleed the dodge slave cylinder with no luck. I actually think I had it bled but the chevy master probably didn't push enough fluid. So I went and bought a new Chevy slave cylinder which has an awesome little thing called a bleeder on it. No question about whether it's bled or not. I did have to make some modifications to make the chevy slave work on a dodge tranny but not bad. I took the snap ring that holds the mounting brackets off both units. Got rid of the chevy mount as the bolt holes are way wider then the dodge. plus there studs and not holes. Then I used the dodge mounting tab and welded a bead along the inside of the hole that the slave sets in. The dodge slave has a 1" bore where the chevy is 20mm. some filling to get it just the right size and bamn. install the chevy snap and you've got a chevy slave in a dodge tranny. Also used the Dodge slave rod as it's shorter. Worked like a charm. Drove the truck for a mile or so. still have to add some cooling fans and rebuiild my tranny tunnel. I have one more weekend to get it done and on the road.

domepiece

Reaction score
I finally filled the huge hole in the tranny tunnel. I had to kick a cat out of the damn truck this morning because it had crawled through the hole. It's all done and seamed sealed and I added a fuel filter to it also. It came off the fed-ex truck and has a cool little fuel warmer on the bottom that the coolant goes through. I also got my electric fans and shroud installed and wired up. There's a vibration coming from somewhere on the truck. I think it is my carrier bearing. I'm going to check it out tomorrow after work. Other then that the thing runs pretty good. Just need to get some more of my gauges hooked up. here's some pics.