cummins powered crew cab chevy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domepiece

Reaction score
I got a lot done today. Would have got more done but i was by myself and moveing this thing isn't really easy. Got the transmission and everything mounted and on there. Dropped the oil pan and turned it around. still need to get a rear sump pickup tube but the pans just on so I could set the motor and get started on mounts. Got the motor in the truck. I had to cut the floor because the shifter placement is different. it a couple inches farther back then the chevy. Still need to move the whole thing back about 2 inches or so. I don't think the fan is gonna fit under the hood.
here's pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's what i'm going to make my motor mounts out of.
[/

domepiece

Reaction score
Today I pulled the engine back out so I could cut the motor mount pedestals off the frame. Once they were cut off I ground it down and made some reinforcement plates for the frame where the new mounts will sit. I spent about an hour retapping the holes on the block that I'm going to use for the mounts. Then I shoved it all back in and started welding the tabs to the frame. They don't stick up anymore then the pedestals did so they shouldn't get in the way when removeing or reinstalling the engine and tranny. Which I'll have to do atleast one more time to finish welding everything up. I also got the freghtliner high mount A/C compressor and bracket off as well as the fan. Hopefully this next weekend I can get the motor mounts finished, Make my tranny crossmember and have the engine in for the final time. Also hopeing to get the brown lipe mounted under the truck as well. pics.

Here's the start of my motor mounts. There will be a 1 5/8" piece of structural tubing going from the plate on the motor to the bushing. and I'll add some gussets to the tube for extra support.

And here's how far back the shifter had to go. It actually feels like it's in a better spot then the stock one though.

domepiece

Reaction score
Here's some pics of how the truck sets right now. I pulled my driveshaft tonight and it's getting shortened tomorrow. I put some new fenders on the truck also. The others were cut up behind the wheel lip. They are barley on there so they aren't lined up or anything.

Still shooting for a test run this weekend.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good man this will definitely be one bad ass GMT400 for sure!

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hell yeah bad ass project.
Hurry up and put up and post some vids of it running!

domepiece

Reaction score
sweet
why didnt u clean that thing up b4 installing it?

I have a very short amount of time to get this swap done and get my truck back on the road. I'll worry about cleaning it up later on.

I got quite a bit done. Just have some wiring to finish up. The Brown-Lipe and shortened driveshaft and new u-joints are installed and ready to go. Just have to figure out where and how to mount the shifter. oh and rebuild the tranny tunnel. I may just put the brownie in overdrive for a little while. Even had the engine fired up for a little bit. Got the drivers side inner fender installed and power steering figured out. I need to find a gasser pedal assembly and figure out a throttle cable also. Was hoping to test drive this last weekend but things always take longer then I think they will. Here's some pics.