Cummins Chevy Guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gunslingertom

Reaction score
Hi,
Came here looking for a rag joint to u-joint conversion for my pickup. Looked around a bit and decided to join. Looks like a cool place.
I live in SW Missouri, have been a truck driver for most of my adult life, grow, harvest, mill and cook sorghum. I have a wife and 3 kids. We also raise rabbits, chickens a few cows, and honey.
My truck is a 1995 Chevy Silverado 1500 with a slightly hopped up Cummins 4BT, 4L80E w/stand alone computer, NP205, Corporate 14 bolt rear w/disk brakes, king pin Dana 60 front, 4.10 gears, and MT 34 inch tires. I did put a GMC grill in it. I have always like GMC's grills over Chevrolet's.
You must be registered for see images attach

Anyway, I'll post an older pic now, and a newer pic tomorrow. I installed fender flares and have yet to take pics.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome man. Love your truck. Im continuously researching a 4bt swap for my c1500, what kind of power are you putting down as opposed to a small block?

gunslingertom

Reaction score
Welcome man. Love your truck. Im continuously researching a 4bt swap for my c1500, what kind of power are you putting down as opposed to a small block?

I have POD 50 HP injectors, the bigger H1C turbo from a 12 valve, which I'll be changing to a HX30W turbo, 4 inch stainless exhaust, intercooled, fuel pin and governor spring, etc., etc.. Had it dyno'd at a local diesel shop and it's putting out around 185 HP which ain't much, but a touch over 440 ft/ls of torque ain't nothing scoff at. And I get 26 MPG. I think if I put in the HX30W and reprogram my trans controller to utilize the torque converter lockup/unlock feature, it would get even better fuel mileage. The truck is a blast to drive, and it has no problem pulling anything I trow it.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have POD 50 HP injectors, the bigger H1C turbo from a 12 valve, which I'll be changing to a HX30W turbo, 4 inch stainless exhaust, intercooled, fuel pin and governor spring, etc., etc.. Had it dyno'd at a local diesel shop and it's putting out around 185 HP which ain't much, but a touch over 440 ft/ls of torque ain't nothing scoff at. And I get 26 MPG. I think if I put in the HX30W and reprogram my trans controller to utilize the torque converter lockup/unlock feature, it would get even better fuel mileage. The truck is a blast to drive, and it has no problem pulling anything I trow it.
That is awesome.

gunslingertom

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics I took today after a quick car wash. I hate winter.
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
That's to the wheels? Not bad at all