Cranked TB pictures?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueridgerobbie

RiverMonster
Reaction score
I am kinda worried about my angles and would like to see some others who have "not so level" angles and how you are liking them.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is mine. Cranked to level with 1.5" block out back. Rides a little stiff but it's not bad. My truck is not eating steering parts like candy so I think I'm within reason.

You must be registered for see images

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Pictures are largely useless for comparisons. The perspective view makes them look better or worse depending on where you hold the camera.

It would be better to drop a small magnetic angle finder:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

...on the shaft and compare those.

Each tripod and outer joint has an operational angle limit, I just can't remember what it is. I seem to recall the Porche ones use don sand rails being 52 degrees, so you can expect significantly lower than that.....

Another thing to consider it that the tripod joint is a plunging joint. At the lower control arm angles down further, the tripod joint bearings move closer to the opening on the housing. This causes more stress on the weaker part of the housing and is a lot of the reason why the "POP!" with bigger tires and forcing your way through mud pits.

:)