Cowl hood- yes or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So ive been debating over getting a cowl hood. I like the look, but always belived it should be saved for a vehicle that has an engine to back it up. I have a 305- in the end of the day the truck isnt a real screamer but its quick enough for me for now. Does anyone thing the hood will look good on my truck (i would paint it black, my current is red that was plastidipped black anout a year ago
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
It's not super tall, so it doesn't scream "big engine" to me. I think it would look good on that truck.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I agree, if you have some 4-6" cowl hood and your near stock under the hood, then its lame. little 2"... I think it will look good.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
x2. :)
Don't have one on my Yukon but if I did it'd probably be a 2" or so. That's what I had on my ZR-2. I think it was subtle enough to just look good. IMO Bigger than 2" on anything looks weird unless it's to actually clear something under it

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most of those have an open screen in the back which has its benefits. And I like the look too...

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I vote no. I like to think GM got the body perfect with the GMT400's.

Don't listen to this guy, he's crazy. :Pshyco:

For example. Regular GMT400:

Now with a cowl hood:

Just get it painted to match when you put it on. If you can't afford to paint it, just leave it off until you can. That's just my opinion. I hate the look of half-finished projects. But in the end, it's your truck. I drove with an unpainted black grille and a different color fender for over a year because of an accident.