Courtesy fuse circuit short

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
there are absolutely lights missing from that schematic, that must be the W/T model... theres a glovebox light
2 lights under the dash one in each corner. one light in the ash tray, one puddle light in each door. possibly vanity lights in the sun visor mirrors.

a wild guess, drivers door puddle light wiring chafed where it goes through the door.

Al

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would take the cargo light, high stop fixture apart.
They warp in the sun and the gaskets all leak.
Pretty common for those contacts to be burnt and corroded.
And, especially if you spend a lot of time in traffic, the brake light sockets get really hot and they melt the plastic.
I would pull all of the bulbs out of the high stop cab fixture and inspect it for shorts.
Then reinstall bulbs in just the bedlight sockets and not the brake and see if it blows the fuse.
And dont forget the dope lights, carefully pull it down from the headliner. They can be fragile. Look for crud and melted contacts
And check out the door jamb switches.
Open the doors one at a time and wiggle the switch around to see if the light flickers or goes out. That is probably not the problem because of how they work but you might as well do it.
Im gonna go with the most likely culprit,
The high stop fixture.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
there are absolutely lights missing from that schematic, that must be the W/T model... theres a glovebox light
2 lights under the dash one in each corner. one light in the ash tray, one puddle light in each door. possibly vanity lights in the sun visor mirrors.

Ash tray light comes on with the park lights, it's unrelated.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine leaked last year and I replaced it with one from LMC. I really don’t care if the cargo lights on it work, as long as the third brake light does.
I stand corrected, my cargo lights on the third brake do work. Just never knew to turn on the cargo lamp switch first.