Cost of Body Work and a New Paint Job??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I was told years ago count on about $300 per panel. So that's somewhere in the neighborhood $2500-$2700 just for paint. Dents, depending on how large they are would put it well above $3k. Now, I'm not saying you can't get it done cheaper, cause you can, IF you know this person well and know they're not going to half ass it. I just got the passenger side done. Replaced the door, pulled out a crease on the extended cab and it cost $3k.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
$2925.00

For all the bondo work and prep and paint materials include and I did all of the metal replacement what little was needed. 2 stage process with Spies Hecker materials
You must be registered for see images attach

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Wow that looks good!

I can't wait to get bent over when my ECSB gets painted later this year...I'm too scared to call around and ask.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
$2925.00

For all the bondo work and prep and paint materials include and I did all of the metal replacement what little was needed. 2 stage process with Spies Hecker materials

Yes very nice job!

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
3K done in your own garage? I'm thinking 6-7K at a shop for all that work then.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
$2925.00

Damn!! That looks great!!

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
3K done in your own garage? I'm thinking 6-7K at a shop for all that work then.

I've known my bodyman/painter for quite some time and he was in between jobs when I asked him to work on my truck. I wasn't in a hurry and he was able to do it while he was piece working for other shops. I had a 97 540i that I needed some paint work done and took it to a shop where my mechanic buddy worked, they had a great looking shop, spray booth but come to find out their repair worked sucked. I had to take it back to get the rocker below the driver side door fixed twice because the paint was bubbling where the repair was done. What I am trying to say is that you have to check references from friends, co workers and even family that have had good experinces with local shops. Plenty of shops around here at least do alot of insurance repair work that is not the same as getting a whole vehicle painted, you have to find the right shop to do the work at a resonable cost. I would think you could get your truck done for $3500, you could also do some of the prep work yourself to cut costs.

Here's a few pics of the Bimmer!

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
i know 1 person around here that does his on work in his shop and he is better than most bodyshops. i would paint my own truck but i have to buy materials to do mine. probably going to do a frame off paintjob on it.

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there is a guy here local that ive had paint several trucks for me.. everyone else quoted 3 to 4k if not more.. but he did every single truck for 1500 cash and they were dang perfect.. the guy actually works from home, he use to own a body shop and had to close down so now he works from home and does a dang good job.. he painted a balck 4 door f250 for me and it was a mirror finish, no orange peel, no runs, no un even spots... it was slick.. like i said he did it ALL paint, wet sand, polish, and cleaning up all his mess for 1500... thats a great price. so i say if you look around you can find someone good needing money.. have them paint somthing small for you first to see what they can do then have them do your truck.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
there is a guy here local that ive had paint several trucks for me.. everyone else quoted 3 to 4k if not more.. but he did every single truck for 1500 cash and they were dang perfect.. the guy actually works from home, he use to own a body shop and had to close down so now he works from home and does a dang good job.. he painted a balck 4 door f250 for me and it was a mirror finish, no orange peel, no runs, no un even spots... it was slick.. like i said he did it ALL paint, wet sand, polish, and cleaning up all his mess for 1500... thats a great price. so i say if you look around you can find someone good needing money.. have them paint somthing small for you first to see what they can do then have them do your truck.

That last bit is a great piece of advice.