Core shifter NV3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have been living with the core NV3500 combo for a bit. I always felt the stick was a bit too short. So how much of an improvement does about 1&1/2" length make. Well ask her, she will tell you plenty. I concur. I bought a 3/8-16 tube nut, and set screw. Extended the length of the stick. Es Muy Bueno. Night and day difference for the better. I recommend it. I plan on taking the tube nut and machining it down on a lathe at work to make it smooth, and fit up tight against the ball..

You must be registered for see images attach

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
I just reread this thread and looks like I missed some stuff. My Core shifter had a loud squeal in 5th gear, too. I've been messing with it for a few thousand miles afraid it was going to cause some damage. Same thing, only grindy after install...Factory shifter didn't do it. I may also try your spring swap ideas...

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Chris at Core shifters told me not to run it without all of the springs. I told him that the springs were too heavy. Chris sent me a lighter set of inner and outer springs. This got rid 90% of the noise with only a little noise in 4th and 5th, mostly if I rest my hand on the shifter. I'd also recommend adding some length to the stick like I did. Puts the shift knob at about stock height.

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tube nut machined down at lunchtime. Made it to match the lock nut diameter

Last edited:

steveed

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you make more of those? I love the shifter but just wish it was a bit taller and that seems perfect.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, it is perfect. It's right at about the stock OEM shifter height now. I kinda called in a favor with the machinest at my work. Used his tools, and knowledge since the last time I ran a lathe was 35 years ago in high school freshman shop class lol. I muddled thru it, and he helped me with the finish cut.

Not sure if I can talk him into helping me make another one or not. Have no idea what something like that is worth. At the very least the tube nut and set screw should be available where you are to get the length your after. Next thing I want is a vintage 18 wheeler shift knob.

Last edited: