coolant flow from front of motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93blackthunder

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so last night i notice some steam coming from under the hood. so i pop the hood and there is a pour of antifreeze coming from under the hood and i know its coming from somewhere on the bottom half of the engine. so im "hoping" for it being the water pump or water pump gasket. I mean it almost looked like the crank shaft was pumping out water because it was dead center of the motor. it ran absolutely normal while this was happening so i dont think i cracked the block or anything. any ideas would be appreciatedl.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
dito. dead center usuaully means water pump.
just be sure to take alittle time with the swap and paint the new pump before ya put it on. ;) dont forget to paint it or it will rust and just look bad! way easier to paint it right out the box ;)

93blackthunder

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok more confident now lol thank you guys and yes i will paint it for sure. The old one looks like a red brick just sitting there. i wonder if it had to do with me switching the thermostats from a 165 degree to a 195 degree with the weather change.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
You should always run the 195. 165 is too cold.

Check the weep hole on the pump before buying another one. This could also very easily be a freeze plug leak. Sometimes they just rust and fall apart.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
The weep hole is on the pump. The freeze plugs are the two yellow plugs on this picture(note that plugs can be other colors).

You must be registered for see images attach

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Then water pump as others mentioned. If you take a flashlight and look down behind the fan you'll probably see the leak. Its a little hole that water leaks out of, most of the time with the engine on or off.