Code 43

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HOFer30

Reaction score
Truck started throwing code 43 (knock sensor) when the engine is cold but the light goes away once operating temperature. Ive read that code 43 could mean various things. Where would i start to diagnose this without throwing money at my vehicle? Has anyone had the same issue? Thanks in advance

edonwheels

Reaction score
Truck started throwing code 43 (knock sensor) when the engine is cold but the light goes away once operating temperature. Ive read that code 43 could mean various things. Where would i start to diagnose this without throwing money at my vehicle? Has anyone had the same issue? Thanks in advance
I got it too then looked at the knock sensor and wires are gone. I also read wire could rub and cause the code to come on.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

edonwheels

Reaction score
I replaced the sensor and fixed the wire but still getting the 43 code. So I ordered a repair manual that came in today finally (Idk why I've waited this long to get one). Ten minutes into it I figure out why I'm still getting code on mine the 7.4 has 2. So I'll probably be ordering another sensor.

If you guys need a sensor a1 auto has best price on eBay. Be careful of the cheaper ones at the parts stores they say they're for a manual transmission.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

edonwheels

Reaction score
My multimeter is showing power on the wire and I put in a new knock sensor but I still have code 43.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Where does it show the esc? Where my book says it should be it's not there.

Can't find one on mine either,not sure it has one.My Haynes book doesn't show one nor does ALLDATA(at least that I can find anyway)Are you maybe thinking of the ICM(ignition control module?)