Clutch line will not disconnect from Master Cylinder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gordon Nish

Reaction score
I've read through every thread that I can find, and haven't seen an answer for this yet. I have a 1997 K1500 4.3L, and after having some clutch problems, decided it could be the Master Cylinder. I cannot for the life of me, disengage the clutch line from it. I cut the cylinder with a grinder, and it spins freely now. I wrestled with it for over an hour last night. In the end I took a torch to it, thinking that someone may have glued it in the past. Still doesn't budge.

I'm not sure if it's stock, or if a replacement came as an "all-in-one" kit that was never meant to be taken apart like this. I don't want to buy a new line and fish it through, so I'm wondering if there is a trick to this or not?
You must be registered for see images attach

Photo of line.

Gordon Nish

Reaction score
There was a paperclip or something in there before that I removed. If there is a second pin that is hollow (new one is solid I think), I'm not going to be very happy with myself. I'll check it out tonight.