clutch help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redchev95

Reaction score
ok guys i have a 95 k1500 with 5 speed. the trany was just rebuilt and all of the clutch componits are brand new like within the last 1000miles now the clutch was makeing a chirping sound all the time except when i put a little pressuse on the clutch pedal so i thought my new throwout bearing was bad so just last week i put in a new throwout and piolt bearing in even thought they still looked like new and after about 200 miles the sound comes back.. its a constant chirp that only goes away when i push in the clutch or just litely hold a little pressure and the clutch pedal. its like the fingers on the pressure plate are chirping on the face of the throwout bearing is this from a bad master or slave? everything in this driveline is new except the master and slave and I am really ticked after all that work this sound comes back anyone ever had this problem before?

redchev95

Reaction score
if i push the clutch fork so the throwout bearing is not touching the pressure plate the sound goes away or if i just hold the clutch just so thare in some pressure on the throwout bearing the sound goes away so it has to be the fingers squeeking on the bearing face. why would it do this like i said everything is brand new its still drives fine but the sound drives me nuts and im shure its not good for the clutch