CK Socket to Standard Socket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to convert from a CK socket to a standard socket? Would there be any negatives to doing this and could it impact other functions?
You must be registered for see images attach

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it possible to convert from a CK socket to a standard socket? Would there be any negatives to doing this and could it impact other functions?
You must be registered for see images attach
as long as you are capable of depinning the connector safely without damaging the socket or the pin then yes you can. if you look in gm service data in the manuals they usually have a section for how to depin various styles used, most refer to a special tool but if careful can eb done with hand tools you probably have

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about doing this to a standard socket then yeah it's not too bad. However if you're looking to redo the circuit cards on the taillights, don't count on it.
Yep, this is what I was missing. I haven't spent much time looking at the boards. You're right. This won't work. Thank you!

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The modern and albeit more expensive LEDs will have a diode array (terminology?) to make them NON-polarity sensitive.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The modern and albeit more expensive LEDs will have a diode array (terminology?) to make them NON-polarity sensitive.
Check the diagram - it's not actually a polarity issue in this case. The socket is wired different. That's why the non-SRCK LED's don't work in the middle socket (brake/turn/taillight position) on the GMT400 circuit boards. Why GM felt the need to do this, I dunno. Maybe they couldn't route the traces on what amounts to a single layer PCB in a way that copies the regular 3157 style socket.

Richard