cig lighter/ ash tray bezel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
98 c1500 ext cab short bed

My ac mode door actuator took a dump on me. yay me.

Anyway, I cant seem to figure out how to get that section (or bezel) off that houses the ash tray and 3 cig plugs. I cant find another way to get to that mode actuator than to remove that.

I almost broke it trying to get it off last night.

I somehow manually turned the actuator to the cold position using a screw driver and turning the temp knob countless times.

Yes I've Googled, just had to throw that in there Ha Ha.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's held in by four small plastic clips that will almost certainly break when you remove them. I seem to remember that you have to disassemble part of the lower dash to get to two of the clips as well, don't remember exactly. I'm sure someone else will be a little more helpful.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have to remove the plastic piece that under the column to get to 2 of the clips, You may have to remove the glove box door to get to the other 2 clips I don't remember if they are hidden by it or not. There are 4 plastic pull out clips if you take a screw driver and work them back and forth gently you wont brake them, you just have to be gentle.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to remove the plastic piece that under the column to get to 2 of the clips, You may have to remove the glove box door to get to the other 2 clips I don't remember if they are hidden by it or not. There are 4 plastic pull out clips if you take a screw driver and work them back and forth gently you wont brake them, you just have to be gentle.

New Orleans? I live in Houma ha ha.

Yeah I found the clips. I got the ones on the passenger side loose. I cant figure out a way to get to the other two on the other side. broke one already...

On another note, I'm happy my ac works. Just got to remember not to touch the temp knob ha ha.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
You have to take the knee panel off the bottom of the dash to get to the left clips. Unhook the parking brake release cable, then there are four 7mm screws across the bottom and four clips across the top.

Sent from my Nintendo 64