Check engine light and other questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the check engine light comes on sometimes when driving at highway speed- stays on for about 7 miles then goes away- and by the time i get home the code is always gone so i cant run it, and when i do try to get codes i just get the one for normal operation of testing. I tried pulling over to run it a few times, and it doesnt flash unless i turn off the truck. Im thinking my o2 should be changed regardless as its 12 years old. Anyone know if this is normal, or is it a symptom of a sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I actually had the same thing happen to my truck. Would come on and then go off after a few miles. It actually was on one day when I pulled into work and scanned it. Got a code 13 - Oxygen sensor circuit open or no activity.

So yes, it might be an O2 sensor. Mine was. But there are at least a dozen other codes that can do the same thing. Best thing to so is have it scanned.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
do you have a vacuum leak? i have a similar issue with the CEL except mine stays on after it comes on, but isnt on all the time