Center Armrest Locking or non locking>>>>And Chevy Rocking Chair???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does the stock 1995 ext cab armrest lock into place seems it should every time i reach for something in the back the damn thing throws whatever I have at the back window like a seesaw i saw what looks to be an access panel on the pass. side any ideas, and while i'm here anyone done a write up on how to stop the chevy rocking chair effect noticed the pass. seat is pretty bad and the driver side is getting that way too. Is there a way to tighten them up? Thx guys!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Are you talking about the 60/40 front seat or buckets?

Never heard of the "rocking chair effect".

I'll take a guess and say it sounds like your seat tracks or the adjuster mechanism might have some slop....

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea its the 60/40 I haven't found out how to post bigger images yet, and the rocking chair thing, I think you maybe right looked at it and its coming up form the track a bit also noticed I can't pull the pass side up enough to get the bolts out without pulling the wire for the left and right by hand. Maybe I should scrap these and fine some in working order unless you guy have ever fixed these.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
yea its the 60/40 I haven't found out how to post bigger images yet, and the rocking chair thing, I think you maybe right looked at it and its coming up form the track a bit also noticed I can't pull the pass side up enough to get the bolts out without pulling the wire for the left and right by hand. Maybe I should scrap these and fine some in working order unless you guy have ever fixed these.

The passenger entry seat is a common issue.

Mine does the same thing.

The problem is in the seat back where the cable runs and a bracket that keeps bending.

I've fixed it multiple times but it keeps bending and makes the seat activation bad to the point you need to reach under the seat and release the locks manually.

One of these days I'll take it apart again and redesign the pivot....

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
my old truck had a rocking effect in the front drivers corner part. it was the actual seat frame broke its mounting bolt tab from the frame and sliding rail. luckely it was a simple weld the two pieces back solid and it was fine.

unsure of what problem your console part is wrong.... whats broke or flopping around? the whole arm rest/or console, depends which type you have matters.
if you can describe the problem i can probably help ya with that. ive got two of the center console sections for OBS trucks right now and sold quite a few of them.
the passenger side trim just hides two of the mounting bolts on the hinge and the other side just uses a barb style snap in rod that youd have to pry the whole console section towards passenger side.

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the arm is in good shape, goes up and down perfect but if you just touch the back of the armrest when its down it come up, does it lock in the downward position b/c if so mine does not. Like if I have someone in the back and they put their arm on the rest the arm flips up it doesn't stay down on its own? hope that explains it better

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
the arm is in good shape, goes up and down perfect but if you just touch the back of the armrest when its down it come up, does it lock in the downward position b/c if so mine does not. Like if I have someone in the back and they put their arm on the rest the arm flips up it doesn't stay down on its own? hope that explains it better

Mine does not lock down i dont think. But it does not swing up very easily.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
yep what they said. it will kinda lock when its in the up position but not when its down.
i never have anybody in the back so ive never had the problem. just tell them to get off your dam arm rest ;)

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just tell them to get off your dam arm rest ;)
LOL yeah, I dont ride with many ppl in the truck, its just my DD/ cruiser I just been wondering if it locked when I lean back to get something catches you off guard. I would rather find some buckets and put a center console but I'm the second owner I dont want to take anything away from that fact. Thx everyone!