CCLB dually on 35s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDirtyC

Reaction score
Soo I got a 1995 cclb 3500 big block dually and I wanna go 315/75/16 nitto open country mts. Also is this doable on stock rims and dually spacer gonna do a 3" spacer.

Current setup...
You must be registered for see images attach

3" body lift
Maxed out torsion bars
Probably gonna do 2" blocks in the rear

Big dodge at work on 35/12.5/17

Are these stock dodge rims? If so how wide are they I can deal with that stretch it looks beast

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
^^^ believe you got censored lol but yea, ride is gonna be bad, and your ball joints are gonna hate you. My 2500 clears 35's. its not lifted, but its not exactly stock either (frame chop). Gave it a little lift because of the way i put it back together. I would assume you could clear 35s on the stock wheels with much less crank. Towing with that much sidewall gets interesting (trust me, I know).

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The factory dually wheels are 6" wide, a 12.50 tire might as well be a balloon on a wheel.

DoubleDirtyC

Reaction score
Well I have talk to a lot of the guys up here they all seem to have big 1 tons with crazy welding decks on the back and heavy heavy loads and no problems have had my bars cranked for a while and no problems I just wanna know it it will clear with the current setup.

98_k1500

Reaction score
You will be on the same stretch as the dodge. They will work. Radial tires don't "baloon" as bad as the older bias ply ones did. They keep the tread pretty flat, the sidewalls take up most of the difference.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will be on the same stretch as the dodge. They will work. Radial tires don't "baloon" as bad as the older bias ply ones did. They keep the tread pretty flat, the sidewalls take up most of the difference.

I agree completely that radial tires do keep the tread pretty flat but I don't think that you will find a 35x12.50 that recommends a wheel anywhere near 6". I run 265's on mine and the bulge is quite noticeable.

98_k1500

Reaction score
True, they are not "approved", but they won't cause any problems. They are just a bear to mount if they are 10 ply or stiffer.

DoubleDirtyC

Reaction score
Here are some more pics. I know I am not really following the rules but seeing it in person every day ensures me that the 6" rim will not be an issue. More pics of the other truck 6" wheels 12.5" wide. What I am concerned with is the room for 35s with my current mods????